Silkies hens

ellanos

Hatching
Mar 28, 2015
We hand raised three silkies- we got them when they were about a week old. All three turned out to be hens. They are about 10/11 months old now. Very friendly and docile. Each has her own personality. Since they started laying in August/September, we've gotten about 150 eggs from them. They do take turns go broody though- but I believe that's a sikie thing.

They live inside a large bin inside the house. During the day, they free range and roam around the yard. Around dusk, they wait by the door, and hop into the house as soon as I open the door, and wait to be picked up and placed in the bin.

Unfortunately, we are moving in a few months. It breaks my heart to have to leave them, so I am trying to find them a good, loving home. You don't have to spoil them like we do, but I would like them to live carefree as they have. They are great companions!

We are in central NJ.

Please let me know.

Ella

Hi, we would love to to adopt these three hens, we have been looking for silkies for a while now. The only problem is, where are in northern Illinois. I doubt you would ship these ladies. But good luck finding a home!

I am in Central Jersey/Jersey shore & would love to adopt your silkies! I was looking for silkies but couldn't take a chance w/straight runs. My other girls are spoiled (we adopted 6 older girls) & we have 3 young Jersey Black Giant girls as well.
We have a sliding glass door into our yard & we could easily train the girls to come in & out of that room so they could stay as close to their routine as possible.

Thank you for responding. I'm very interested in your girls. My Jordie would be very happy to have companions. I look forward to hearing from you. You can email me at [email protected]. This would be an easier way to contact me.

Thanks-Amy

Hello, I'm very interested in your girls if you still have them. My Jordie is strictly for companionship, the eggs are just an added benefit. I would be willing to meet 1/2 way. I'm in Hamilton, NJ. Where are you? How soon are you looking to place them?
If you want to email me directly its [email protected]

Thanks-Amy

Back
Top Bottom