Silkies Of A Different Color

Pics
Quote:
They remind me of dryer lint, LOL I tried hatching the cuckoos a few years back and failed each time. Sighs...one day, I'll get me some silkies!
smile.png

Quote:
They remind me of dryer lint, LOL I tried hatching the cuckoos a few years back and failed each time. Sighs...one day, I'll get me some silkies!
smile.png

The girls in the pic are just starting to lay so I may have cuckoo eggs running out of my cuckoo Brain..LOL I am already have a time rotating eggs to get them all incubated between 2 cabinet incubators...I have hatched 300+ chicks in the last 3 weeks(from all my birds- it has cooled off so they all started laying). LOL I have chicks every where(in the house, the barn, the chicken barn and some in the bottom of the incubator now that have to go somewhere tomorrow...sigh..What would I do without the incubators to feed my addictions..
big_smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

The girls in the pic are just starting to lay so I may have cuckoo eggs running out of my cuckoo Brain..LOL I am already have a time rotating eggs to get them all incubated between 2 cabinet incubators...I have hatched 300+ chicks in the last 3 weeks(from all my birds- it has cooled off so they all started laying). LOL I have chicks every where(in the house, the barn, the chicken barn and some in the bottom of the incubator now that have to go somewhere tomorrow...sigh..What would I do without the incubators to feed my addictions..
big_smile.png

I'm with ya brother! We have Cat boxes everywhere, and don't even own a cat! They make the best brooders! Then it's off, to the largest totes Walmart sells!

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
1st off the Cuckoos, it would just happen that 2 more just hatched out!

Don't forget about me A! I would LOVE some cuckoos- esp chicks. Please oh Please
84.gif

Well, I will have to post more pics of these in 4 or 5 months to see the outcome...but here is Cuckoo X Red Partridge chicks, these are the only 3 so far that have the look of Crele chicks, the other chicks have looked more like partridge chicks. Who knows, but I got my
fl.gif

One chick is a few days older than the other two.
7576_ds09a.jpg

7576_ds10a.jpg

7576_ds11a.jpg

ETA- In the 2nd pic-top left chick is doing a time-out...LOL I swear I didn't tell her to go to the corner!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom