Silkies Sleeping in Nesting Boxes

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
Does anyone have any tips for getting silkies to stop sleeping in the nesting boxes? I have 6 who insist on sleeping in 3 nesting boxes and they get pooped in ruining my eggs. I can't clean the nesting boxes every day.
Thank so much,
Chloe

My chickens were doing the same thing. When we bought our coop, it had a door that led to the nesting boxes. We were able to open and close it if we wanted to. Once we started closing it when it was time to put the chickens away, they started sleeping on the roosting bard instead. We tried opening it one night after we kept closing it for a couple of weeks, and they stayed on the perch instead of going on the nesting boxes.

My chickens were doing the same thing. When we bought our coop, it had a door that led to the nesting boxes. We were able to open and close it if we wanted to. Once we started closing it when it was time to put the chickens away, they started sleeping on the roosting bard instead. We tried opening it one night after we kept closing it for a couple of weeks, and they stayed on the perch instead of going on the nesting boxes.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom