Silkies

Bunnysms

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2018
Hi. So Im trying to get myself back into the world of chickens. I use to have silikies about 7 years ago. As of right now I can't get anymore. As I am currently trying to stage my house for sale. That and I live in New York, I don't want anything living out in a snowy mess. I plan to move to Pennsylvania or farther out like Virgina by summer. So as of right now I really just want to window shop. So because its been a long time since I have had any silkies in my life... Who are the best breeders? I am not to picky of colors but I would really like some show quality if possible? So please drop some names below. TY

Read this current thread and maybe ask questions there also. It is related to silkies. Many hatcheries sell silkies. I can list some, but you can find these just as easily by searching "Chicken Hatcheries" Usually minimum orders are about 15. There are some that will sell less, but usually not early in the Spring, due to cold. (shipping is the concern)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/care-advice-for-shipped-chickens.1282494/
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

I have nothing against hatcheries because I bought birds from those places but for Silkies I am looking for some stunning birds. My Mom use to do the shows but its been a long time since she had any birds. I wanted to do it as a surprise. So if I have to Ill do hatching eggs. But thankyou for the welcome =D I am hoping I can still find some wonderful silkies breeders on here.

Last edited:
Read this current thread and maybe ask questions there also. It is related to silkies. Many hatcheries sell silkies. I can list some, but you can find these just as easily by searching "Chicken Hatcheries" Usually minimum orders are about 15. There are some that will sell less, but usually not early in the Spring, due to cold. (shipping is the concern)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/care-advice-for-shipped-chickens.1282494/
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome
Whatever you do don't get silkies from chickens for backyards hatchery because i bought 3 silkies from them and 1 of the three was a cross beak :(

I have nothing against hatcheries because I bought birds from those places but for Silkies I am looking for some stunning birds. My Mom use to do the shows but its been a long time since she had any birds. I wanted to do it as a surprise. So if I have to Ill do hatching eggs. But thankyou for the welcome =D I am hoping I can still find some wonderful silkies breeders on here.
You could get your silkies from Sheri Minkner... she has very show quality birds. She only sells hatching eggs though. In the eggs there are different feather types of silkies... Satin feathered smooth, Frizzled,Frizzled silkie, (I am not sure if she includes showgirls or not), and just the normal silkie. Or you could get from Magnolia Silkies or Sunshine Silkies... They are show quality too.

I messaged sunshine and she don't sell eggs. Magnolia does. She has very fair prices. My mother is insisting we can just find chicks. But I'm partial to hatching them myself. But I will keep myself open as summer is a long way off anyways

Back
Top Bottom