Silkies

This is my dog, Monty, with our Silkies. I'm new here, and found this thread. Thought I would share, because it is one of my favorites.

These aren't Silkies, they're young Showgirls. But as you can see, the cats and birds are very comfortable with each other. The gray and white cat likes them particularly and would lay next to their pen.

i would love some advise ,i am new to both silkie answer this sight . I have just hatched some eggs from my new hen , the babies colors are great but on doesn't have black skin and twos tiny comb don't look like silkies . this makes me think there is a chance they might have hard feathers , If they have silkie feathers
and are as pretty as i think they will be can i breed them back to their dad and get rid of those traits in their off spring

This is one of my Silkie hens they are very pretty and make good mothers, my hens ley an egg a day they do go broody but otherwise a good breed. Funny thing about my hens is that they got ruffed up by the old owners kids so they are a little crazy and attack some people when they come into the yard, haha.
lau.gif

Just getting in my 8 week Silkies today. Truck should be in by eleven this morning. I'll post some pics when I get them home. I got two buff females coming. Hope my other Silkies like them. If your wondering how I already know the sex I had them DNA sex tested. I found a lab that ONLY charges ten dollars no tax to DNA sex test 1to9 birds!! Its in Canada but serves world wide. All you do is pluck a few feathers and mail them out. The labs name is Accumetrics if interested.

Back
Top Bottom