Silky chick Doing somersaults

Jun 8, 2018
Central Texas
Ok I have 4 silkie chicks Two of them had a small bout with pasty but that’s cleared up and now one of them is starting to tuck her head Down between her legs and she just sits there and will end up rolling over but then she’ll get up and she’ll move around she’s eating and drinking this just started late last night and I noticed this morning it was still happening any suggestions on what I can do for this baby I put Hydro hen 3in1 in there water for the pasty butt on wed Someone at the feed store suggested that Any suggestions would be helpful thank you in advance

It sounds like wry neck symptoms which can be due to heredity, vitamin deficiency, or head injuries. That causes running backwards or in circles, and can cause a twisted neck or start gazing.I would start some vitamins including thiamine (B1) and vitamin E. Cooked egg can add selenium which helps with vitamin E uptake. Some vitamins such as Poultry NutriDrench and Poultry Cell have all 3, but it may require a little more vitamin E, such as 400micrograms a day.

It sounds like wry neck symptoms which can be due to heredity, vitamin deficiency, or head injuries. That causes running backwards or in circles, and can cause a twisted neck or start gazing.I would start some vitamins including thiamine (B1) and vitamin E. Cooked egg can add selenium which helps with vitamin E uptake. Some vitamins such as Poultry NutriDrench and Poultry Cell have all 3, but it may require a little more vitamin E, such as 400micrograms a day.

I just picked up some vitamin e and nutridrench will stay that as soon as I get home I also picked up small dropper how much nutridrench and vitamin e should I be giving at a time and how often?

I agree it is wry neck. Did you figure out how much vitamin to give the chick? How is she doing?
I have an eye dropper and I’m putting a couple drops on her beak at a time same with the vitamin E I’m worried she’s not getting enough she’s still having problems I scrambled an egg she’s had a little bit you have any suggestions

I have an eye dropper and I’m putting a couple drops on her beak at a time same with the vitamin E I’m worried she’s not getting enough she’s still having problems I scrambled an egg she’s had a little bit you have any suggestions
I should mention she is eating her chick food in mentioned she is eating her some chick starter between her spells

Back
Top Bottom