Silky Roo? & Hen?

Quote:
I see what you mean, Taking a look at a picture of my black hens from this one I also see the big difference in the head feathering. BUT it was only a guess..I still guess hen till I could see a better picture.

Its certainly a possibility! Anything is possible when it comes to these birds....

For example, after 5 years of raising birds, I entered a bird in the show last weekend as a cockeral. Well when it came time to judge, the judge looked at the coop card, and looked at me, and promptly corrected my entry. What I had entered as a cockeral, was actually a PULLET! And after everything I *thought* I knew about them.... I was STILL wrong!

I know what you mean, These birds are very tricky. I have one I belived to be a pullet for almost 6 months till it crowed.

I have no where the time into the silkies as you do. 1 year for me, but chickens my entire life...LOL Always been around chickens and raised around them. Only got into raising hatching them this year.

I'm also thinking it looks like a roo
hmm.png
(I'm no expert either). We definitely need a head on shot to see the comb

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
OH Now THAT helps!!!
lau.gif
Just joking,,,,,,,,,I am still finding this whole silkie sexing thing a total mystery.
gig.gif
I am going to try it on mine and see what happens. Mine are 3 months. They all sound like babys

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh it was so embarassing. The judge looked around, and then all the Silkie people I was showing with called me over so the judge could correct me.

I SWORE she was a cockeral though......

Did the bird get judged? Or was it thrown out for mismarking? I heard they do that, but I don't know how strict they really are.

Back
Top Bottom