Silly Chick behavior

Our first chicks used their food bowl as a dust bath... we switched to a chick feeder shortly after. We move our chicks to an outside brooder/chick tractor on grass at 3 weeks, weather permitting, with a supplemental 75 watt heat lamp in the coop part.

I throw moths into the brooder starting at one week and the little beasts practice their hunter-killer thing. Skills.
Whats the temp when you take them outside at this age Coops Dad?
I have a little area I can take them outside. I live in CT.
Thanks 🐥❤️

Whats the temp when you take them outside at this age Coops Dad?
I have a little area I can take them outside. I live in CT.
Thanks 🐥❤️
Day 3 of having them out for 5 hrs at a time. I stay with them the whole time while the coop is being built. I know, I know, Lesson learned, never get chickens without having a proper home for them first. They are doing great except when its time to bring them inside for the night. They are not impressed.
🐥 ❤️

The method we have developed is treats,feed, scratch...whatever your flock likes. We used a 1.5 cup scoop with scratch in it and sprinkled a line of it in the direction we want them to go. It took a bit before they were really proficient at but now all I have to do is tap even the empty scoop and they come running...consistency is/was a key for our girls.

Back
Top Bottom