Silly chickens, or coop location strike?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenofthesea, May 31, 2010.

1. chickenofthesea

chickenofthesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    C.C. Florida
    We finish the new coop! Woohoo!.... [​IMG] Now Im not totally sure why, but dh started the build in the backyard, finished it there, housed the chickens in it for a few days.... and THEN decided to move it to the previously decided location. During the week the chickens were housed in it, they were in and out of the coop, in the run, sunning, dust bathing, doing all their fun chicken stuff. All was good. [​IMG] Fast foward till two days ago... chickens are now in their new great location, still shaded by large trees, same coop, same run... the only difference is about 30 feet away from the house. Now instead of the back yard, they are in the back SIDE yard. They hardly come out of the coop.... The temperature isnt different. They are not by the road. Nothing that I can see that I think would affect the chicken-ness. Are they just needing to adjust to the new view? Is it just coop love? I would think if there was a huge heat difference, they would be outside in the shade, as opposed to in the big box.... though it does have large windows? Silly chickens, or silly chicken slave?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Chickens do not like change. But they usually adjust within a week or two. Sometimes just a few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by