Silly Duck Antics

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
My ducks are so excited to see me in the morning, they follow me around the yard while I get out the feed and water. I give them a few mealworms that they will eat at my feet, and I can get Penny to eat out of my hand. But no way, no how should I try to pick them up :lau

But as soon as I go in the house, they take up resident on our dog's bed...well really it's their bed now. It has become the new preening spot, along with knocks at the door to see if the humans would be coming back outside!

They are such silly little things! And I love them dearly! Just had to post to others that appreciate their antics lol!

Attachments

• 20221015_073258.jpg
    20221015_073258.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221010_171858.jpg
    20221010_171858.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 3
Do you give her treats when she does that? I wouldn't be able to resist!
It is hard to resist! :love

If I've already given meal worms, I will bring some peas out. But sometimes if she's doing that quack, I come sit on the porch while they forage or play in the pool, or I will walk over and open the door to my garden and let them forage in there!

They really love if I just go and sit and be out in the yard with them!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, that photo of them on the dog bed is adorable!! Makes me want to throw my dog's bed out for the ducks!
I used to stand it up against the house so they wouldn't get on it and poop on it. But they were determined, they would get it down flat again and then get on it. So I let them be lol! Perfect place to sit and watch the humans and knock when they need something 🤣

Back
Top Bottom