Silly Hen {Please read this post}!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Jun 20, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It's not that no one is interested in your story, sometimes we just read it and don't comment on it unless there is a specific question asked. I'm glad you found your hen.

2. Sting Ray

Sting Ray In the Brooder

Jun 30, 2009
    SE Alabama
    you are never going to believe this.

one eavening i realised i was out of feed and remembered my lubies like grass for some reason. with all good intent, as an experament i went to get some hay out of the goat pen to feed them a little snack.

this is where it gets twisted.

they sortof got mad at me for the meager breakfast, but i didn't think much of it, "i left the door slightly open cause i wasent going to be in long". when i tossed the hey where i normaly place their food they got startled and stingray and 2 hens got loose. [​IMG] OMG. and my older dog Alice started chaceing them around.

i decided to go after stingray first because, the hens are replaceable, HE'S NOT. as well as i knew it, I HAD TO GET THAT ROO AT ALL COST. wound up getting stuck between the top of the mower deck and the tractor, was a little bit tricky cause he's so fat and was sort of reluctaint to cooperate while i was trying to coaks him through the pullies and manderals. i got him out safely and even hugged him tightly after i got him loose to show him i was glad i had saved him.

after leting him fly back into the coop i had to go look for the 2 hens that got loose, they were just out side of the run fence when i found them. but once again i had the dogs to put up with, i successfuly let one inside the run after i lifted the wire slightly, the other one i had to grab by the sholders and gently shove her under the fence too.

as a good conclusion to this story. luckly, - sis arived latter that night with 2 bag fulls of stage 2 and i was glad i wasent going to have to worry about attempting to feed them hay again, and bro-n-law is in the proccess of building nesting boxes so we're going to be in that stage soon.

3. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Crowing

Apr 25, 2009
    This sounds just like my EE hen!
    Its hard herding her into the coop/ im scared shes going to fly over th chain link fence some day [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: