Silly or stupid......both!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by SassyKat6181, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    The guineas were on their way in for the night when they noticed a police car sitting in the neighbors driveway (trying to catch speeders coming down the hill). Instead of coming in, they walked along the fence towards the cop chi chi'ing until they were next to the car. They then decided to cross the road. [​IMG] I was about to run, when the police car pulled out of the driveway, onto the road and in front of the guineas. The cop then gets out and shoos the guineas back into the field away from the road. [​IMG] My husband and I ran out there. I herded the guineas back to their coop and my husband talked with the police man. He said he had to get out of the car to see what that "racket" was and knew that they were guineas once he saw them. I am so happy and thankful that he stopped them from crossing the road....it was a very busy time of day.

2. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Funny story! Glad the guineas are safe & out of the road! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Awww what a nice policeman! He deserves a feathered friend award.....(if there was one...) [​IMG]

4. mitchell3006

mitchell3006 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    My wife's are stupid. They will walk to the road and stand there waiting for a car to come along so they can jump out in front of it. We had to pen what was left of the flock.[​IMG]

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Awww what a good guy.... Maybe he needs a dozen eggs?

I am soo glad the closest road to me is a mile and a half away.

6. srpaint

srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    Awww what a nice thing to do!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by