Silver and Gold Laced Wyandotte genetics help!

eksterhuis

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 7, 2012
I have tried to find the answer, and know it will be here somewhere, but I have aquired a flock of 5 Gold Laced Wyandotte hens and have purchased a Silver Laced Roo, I am wondering what colour my chicks would most likely be? I was under the impression that my pullets would be silver and my roos would be gold, am I correct? I am hoping for Silver Laced but it's not the end of the world if I don't as I just love my chooks whatever breed! (I also have Faverolles and a variety of others, buy looking at getting some Campine at some stage!)

Thanks, sorry I got chicken talking there!!!

You're close, yes your pullets will all be pure silver laced, but the roos will be split for both silver and gold, not pure gold, so they will look more like silver laced, with some yellow areas mixed in with the silver.

And WELCOME TO BYC !!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you! I'm not too worried about my rooster shades as I will probably bring in another silver rooster for next season so they won't be so closely related... Just a relief that my hen will do nicely (once I have fattened them up a bit, they are a little on the thin side and moulting at the moment so don't look too pretty at all, and my rooster is only 3 months old or so, I have a little wait before the any breeding action!)

Back
Top Bottom