1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Appleyards

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by secretquail, Jan 12, 2011.

1. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I would like to hatch out some more SA's this Spring. If I get a drake, I'll probably sell my WH drake and start a flock of all SA's. Can anyone recommend a breeder? I'll post in WTB section also. Thanks!

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I am sorry....I can't help you. but if I type something in here it will put you back on the top of the list so someone might answer you..Good Luck!

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Try Holderread's Waterfowl. I've heard great things about them...so I placed an order for Saxony and Welsh Harlequins in April!

4. D'Angelo N Va.

Dec 28, 2009
    [​IMG] ok, yeah Holderreads is a good one to turn to. After reading the chicken magazine I went to his web site and WOW...it is Awesome!! I am going to get Saxonys from him....I am soooo excited.

5. secretquail

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I wouldn't mind Holderreads, but 10 is WAY too many, and I'd like to try the hatching game again.

6. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I used to think so, too. The great thing about BYC...you could let people know in your area that you will be ordering from Holderread's, and I guarantee you will have people lined up to go in on an order with you. [​IMG] Win/win. You get what you want and have other people pitch in on the order. Something to think about anyway.

I ordered 14 ducks. Someone asked me if I would sell a bunch to them. (The answer was no.) I have been thinking about sending an email back to David Holderread to bump my list up. I now, too, want huge Silver Appleyards! If that's the case, I will add extra, extras and sell them to people in my area. The great thing is you know you are getting quality!

7. D'Angelo N Va.

Dec 28, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing....chappel Hill is in N.C or Va.??

8. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    What state do you live in? I have 3 SA drakes for sale. They hatched 07-15-10.

9. secretquail

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I live in central NC. Missouri is a bit far for ducks:rolleyes: otherwise I'd take you up on the birds sonjab. D'Angelo, want to split an order? I come up to DC about 3-4x a year, could make a trip in the Spring...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by