Silver Button Quail Hen

GuineaFowling

Songster
Oct 3, 2013
California
It is with a heavy heart that I post this but I have decided that it must go through. I only ever keep two button quail at a time because they do better in pairs. My little silver hen Kili just recently lost her bonded male to a opossum. Since then she has been in the house playing and exploring. I raised her from a day old and she is a year and a half old. I really want to keep her but understand that it would be selfish since I do not plan on getting another quail for her. She is really sweet and tame for a button quail. She does not enjoy being held but will sit in your hand once you have caught her. She is not afraid of people and will walk around you and eat from your palm. She loves to eat yogurt, millet, and fruits as treats. I usually let her out of her cage and she explores the room and just 'hangs' with my family. Because she has no other quail she hates being alone. With her mate she laid an egg everyday but since he was eaten she lays on and off. She is currently not laying eggs. Her eggs are a nice chocolate brown with darker specks. I would love for her to go to a home were she has a mate in her own separate enclosure because she doesnt get along with other quail once she is bonded. I had her in a large outdoor pen that was 5' x 3.5' with her and her mate in it alone. She might get along if you have a large enclosure to put her in where she could get some privacy and her own space. She is a lovely little quail and I will miss her dearly. Her beak is a bit messed up because she was in a scuffle with a larger bird but it does not stop her from eating, drinking, and being a regular quail. She has had no contact with chickens and is in perfect health.

There is a rehoming fee. Let me know if you are interested.

I live in central cali.

Back
Top Bottom