Silver Gene

Your birds are celadon carriers or layers? Do you plan on trying to achieve a full homogenous celadon line?

Your birds are celadon carriers or layers? Do you plan on trying to achieve a full homogenous celadon line?
My current flock are homogenous as far as I’ve been able to determine. my 3 Roos have produced over 40 adult hens with no normal eggs, all blue, which I felt was adequate testing for my hobby operation haha. so since I have a homogenous flock I thought I would branch out to colors.

My current flock are homogenous as far as I’ve been able to determine. my 3 Roos have produced over 40 adult hens with no normal eggs, all blue, which I felt was adequate testing for my hobby operation haha. so since I have a homogenous flock I thought I would branch out to colors.
Love that idea

It’s so funny, people all want celadon flocks, I have more requests for chicks than I can provide, but no one wants to buy my adult celadon males lol. I literally made soup out of male celadon quails last week.

It’s so funny, people all want celadon flocks, I have more requests for chicks than I can provide, but no one wants to buy my adult celadon males lol. I literally made soup out of male celadon quails last week.
What really ? The males breed celadon just as good as the hens lay it in ur flocks right ?

Wow, I thought celadon males from a full homogenous line would be super valuable . . . I know I've been looking for them. After all, you can only guess whether a male is homogenous/heterozygous for celadon. Having a full homozygous male from a proven homozygous line would eliminate the guesswork. Starting with normal hens, just line breed offspring hens to the male for two generations, select for celadon hens in the second generation then you have a full homozygous line.

All you technically need to breed celadons is a single full homogenous male and some normal hens.

Wow, I thought celadon males from a full homogenous line would be super valuable . . . I know I've been looking for them. After all, you can only guess whether a male is homogenous/heterozygous for celadon. Having a full homozygous male from a proven homozygous line would eliminate the guesswork. Starting with normal hens, just line breed offspring hens to the male for two generations, select for celadon hens in the second generation then you have a full homozygous line.

All you technically need to breed celadons is a single full homogenous male and some normal hens.
Exactly u see what i mean 😏

Back
Top Bottom