Silver Gray Dorking bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by crooked stripe, Mar 1, 2009.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I have been checking out hatcheries for these chickens. They keep referring me to their bantams species. Is there an other name for them? I am looking for a dozen straight run for keeping on a small lot in the small city. A couple people have been asking if I could help. I was going to raise them till laying age for them. I have a small flock but all my chickens are heavy breeds with a couple of Barred OEGB thrown in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. John

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I've only ever had them as standard sized birds. I know several hatcheries sell this color of Dorking in the standard size.

ETA I wasn't even sure they came in a bantam, but I found a few references to them. I think maybe they are more common in the UK, where they were developed. I couldn't find a bantam breed club link on the ABA site. You could try contacting the Dorking breed club, for the standard sized breed. They might know something. I think some of the members might also have some of the bantams. I'm thinking the bantams might only be available from individual breeders and not from any hatcheries.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by