Silver Laced Brahmas

I love mine-sweetest dang birds ever!!!
love.gif

25181_cimg4804.jpg

25181_cimg4805.jpg

25181_cimg4801.jpg

Quote:
Thanks, I wonder how many pictures I have taken to get 3-4 decent ones. I enjoy photography, but chickens are a definite challenge.
snap...delete....snap...delete....
he.gif

I know what you mean, I knew they were not going to be great shots today because it was so intensely sunny. So bright I couldn't check what I had outside. I was dissapointed in what shots I did get, but people wanted to see them.

Your chicks look to be coming along nicely, are your males still in their ugly phase ?

Hey Gary,
I am extremely pleased with the pullets, 2 of the cockerels are finally starting to look pretty good. I think in another month or so I should be able to choose my breeder bird for sure. If for some reason I cannot make a choice out of either one, would you happen to have a top notch roo for sale?
Thanks,
Brent
Just for the record, I think your pics were pretty good. It is always more impressive to see them in a flock like some of the pics you posted.
wink.png

Quote:
Or you could always send her to me if it just boggles your mind too much trying to decide what to do with her.

And what would you have in mind for her ?

Oh Id just stare at her mainly, maybe hang her on my wall ???? Hahaha No but I think it would be cool to just make more like her, like a Splash instead of Dom White version of Dan's Palaminos.

Quote:
I know what you mean, I knew they were not going to be great shots today because it was so intensely sunny. So bright I couldn't check what I had outside. I was dissapointed in what shots I did get, but people wanted to see them.

Your chicks look to be coming along nicely, are your males still in their ugly phase ?

Hey Gary,
I am extremely pleased with the pullets, 2 of the cockerels are finally starting to look pretty good. I think in another month or so I should be able to choose my breeder bird for sure. If for some reason I cannot make a choice out of either one, would you happen to have a top notch roo for sale?
Thanks,
Brent
Just for the record, I think your pics were pretty good. It is always more impressive to see them in a flock like some of the pics you posted.
wink.png

I'm looking at about a half dozen cockerel prospects, hopefully a couple of them will develop into something. I still have a couple of last years cocks that I held back in case of emergency, plus the old man.

Quote:
And what would you have in mind for her ?

Oh Id just stare at her mainly, maybe hang her on my wall ???? Hahaha No but I think it would be cool to just make more like her, like a Splash instead of Dom White version of Dan's Palaminos.

I was was just curious if you had some mad scientist thing going.

Quote:

I was was just curious if you had some mad scientist thing going.

Oh yeah now that I definitely do, I got several projects planned/ in the works on some. Lemon Cuckoo Orps are about the only ones I've told anyone I'm working on, the others will just have to be a suprise, lol who knows, I may even be shelling out some non standard colored Brahmas myself here sometime, ya never know ??????? hmmmm.

Hey Gary!

My SO & I bought 4 of your SL girls at the last Wilmington Swap in September. When you told me they would be the sweetest most easy going birds I had you weren't kidding. These girls are great! They walk right up to me to be picked up, so sweet!

They are even nicer than the BLReds we bought the year before, although I think you messed up by selling those two. They are the prettiest girls in the barnyard.

18105_barn2010_042.jpg

18105_barn2010_043.jpg

I'm still thinking about getting one of your monster sized Roos. Maybe next year.

Quote:
I'm glad you all are getting along well. If your blue laced reds where a just a little deeper shade of red they would have never left here. I agree, the reds are a bit behind the silvers temperment wise, I attribute that to the splash blue laced red wyandotte cock I used to bring in the blue. He was a little spooky, much quicker to panic if you crowded him. I suspect the reds inherited their more aloof personallity from him.

We also had a little unplanned lets call it a side project this summer. A game hen that migrated over from a neighboring farm brought off a suprise brood she had hidden.

The hen and young chicks
24364_chickens_414.jpg

current shots of the wild boys as I call them
24364_dscf4024.jpg

24364_dscf4011.jpg

24364_dscf4017.jpg

24364_dscf4012.jpg

The lone pullet
24364_dscf4013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom