1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fancychickenlover, Feb 26, 2012.

1. fancychickenlover

fancychickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    I'm just starting this thread cause I love Cochins in the silver laced variety and I would love to see pictures of peoples birds! Also pics of golden laced cochin bantams would be nice also! And if you or anyone you may know that breeds silver laced Cochin bantams would contact me that would be nice! Thank you - Dan

2. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I have a SL cockerel that looking for a home. [​IMG] I do have a nice hen but not parting with her at the moment, just wish she would realize spring is coming and start laying me some eggs again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. fancychickenlover

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    I would love to see some pictures of them! [​IMG]

4. Squawkbox

Squawkbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    I don't have any pictures, but would like to see some! I found a breeder, and she is putting silver laced Cochins (standard though) in the incubator tomorrow, so I can go pick them up in 3 weeks! So excited [​IMG].

5. fancychickenlover

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    I'm with you I wish somone would post pictures of their silver laced cochins on here! [​IMG] And thats awesome I love both standard and bantam silver laced Cochins but my sister prefers the bantams... [​IMG]So good luck with yours! [​IMG]

6. buttercup0884

buttercup0884 The Farm Girl at Twilight

Apr 30, 2011
    Ararat
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC

Thank you Amy for posting pics. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. fancychickenlover

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Yes thank you Amy! [​IMG] Anyone else wanna talk or post pics about silverlaced Cochin bantams? Please... [​IMG]

9. WhistleCreek

WhistleCreek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Toledo OR
    I have a pair of Silver Laced Cochin Bantams.. I love them so much, if anyone has any that are in need of a new home pm me please I may be interested![​IMG]
    Here are a few pictures of my beautiful pair[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

I've reached out to a couple breeders who've commented on the SL cochin thread. My husband & I decided we'd like to move out the mille fleur cochins and work on a standard variety. As we admire the silver lace so much in the Wyandottes, advancing the SL in cochins seemed the right step. Look forward to collaborating!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by