Silver Laced Cochins - correct amount of white/silver?

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I have silver laced cochins in both bantam and large fowl......the bantams have much more white on them.....which is correct? The two large fowl boys are very dark. The two bantam boys are interesting....both have more white than the large fowl. But one has WAY more than the other.

Anyone have a picture of a "correctly" marked silver laced rooster?

From Feathersite.com

SilverLacedCochinHens.JPEG

Quote:
Did yours come from a hatchery? Cochins, Wyandottes and most any hatchery laced birds will have a huge variation in the lacing pattern and most of them are incorrect to what the pattern should be. I've seen "laced" birds ranging from everywhere to nearly solid black with a vertical white streak on each feather, to some that look white with black spangles.

The ones that herechickchick posted are more correct.

Yes mine are hatchery. I should have been more specific as I am trying to figure out the correct amount of white on a rooster. My hens are very varied.

One is very light.

(ignore her funky legs and foot feathers, I had put her in the muddy water bowl to cool off after finding her stuck in the fence for 2 days in this heat....long story)

downsized_0802000800.jpg

I have 4 roosters. 2 bantam, 2 large fowl. The large fowl are very dark. The bantam vary. One is very white, one is middle of the road. Just trying to figure out what is better.

Bantam girl.
24277_downsized_0813002014.jpg

Darker bantam boy. (type is better than it looks...he was doing the OMG ostrich look, ha ha)
24277_downsized_0813002014a.jpg

What is preferable on the hens? The thinner black lacing around the edge of the feathers (like the girl standing) or the thicker dark lacing (girl to the left of the standing girl). The picture from feathersite posted up above has both....
downsized_0808002019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom