Silver Laced Orpingtons (LF)

Pics
"Skip"

Thank you! for everyone that sent our farm well wishes, this has meant a lot to all of....Skip, our main Silver Laced rooster is doing great! we are looking for his up and coming babies and several more that have been hatch to continue on with his legacy....we had a small set back, but we are determined to bounce ten steps forwards.
It's hard when set backs occur. This being said, it can cultivate perspective and gratitude. Skip is exceptional. Hugs!

He needs a name. I am hesitant to name him because every rooster I've had that's had a name has had to go to freezer camp...LOL.

Very nice photo. I know what you mean. If I Looooooove a chick it always turns out to be male. I donh't name unless I am sure I am keeping.
One of my hens, I hope to breed from her next year. Love the silver orps - birds with great personality. Greetings from Germany.
Gorgeous!!!!!!! What a lovely hen.
droolin.gif

Heron´s nest farm, your ladies are wonderful. Such beautiful faces and clear lacing. I wish we could exchange hatching eggs but unfortunately I think this is impossible.

SKIP

"SKIP" Pure English Silver Laced Orpington
100% Keith/Bob Follows Breeding, England
limited offspring's available.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have several young (feathered) chicks (15 chicks). almost 4 weeks old. But would like to give away, this young group (for free) these are Skips babies...just need to find loving homes since we are going back to Europe and would rather find homes for them, yes, they all are Pure English Silver Laced, Keith's bloodlines. Yes,, I'm still giving away most of my breeding stock to people that want to improve on these beautiful animals. Please let me know when you can take them? Thanks and god bless...Louise Autumn Farm Orpingtons PLEASE SEND US A PRIVATE PM.

Sorry, the response was huge and they all found wonderful homes....sorry I don't have more to give away for free, as most of you know. I still give most of my English Orps away (free) to good homes. This has been a fun hobby for me and I enjoy sharing my English Orps offspring's with many of you. This has been a wonderful hobby for me and I enjoy sharing my chickens when I can. When I am in the states I do hatching and give these chicks away to people on my list or to the 4-H kids. The Silver Laced Orps have made much improvement but have a long ways to go. I still get emails from people that have been given misinformation on how to breed these. There is a correct way to breed these and this must be followed to eliminate continuing results of gold leakage. One must not think that breeding into the Gold Lace will result in "Pure Silvers" many have sent me photos of what they thought they were purchasing a "Pure Silver" only to find out they actually are breeding a "Cream Silver" these Cream Silvers are not "Pure Silver". Unfortunately the gold leakage doesn't appear until the age of 8 months and older. This is why it is so important to grow and mature your breeding stock of Silver Laced. I've spent a great deal of time and travel across Europe (live in Western Europe) talking with the top breeders about this. If you have any question I would be happy to share what I have learned to create a "Pure Silver" I'm far from a expert but I'm willing to listen and learn from the best...I wish you only the best!

Last edited:

Skip, Pure English Silver Laced Orpington, direct son of Our Imported from England, Captain from Bob Follows On our farm. we like to share our chickens with others. We have been involved for many years sharing and giving our breeding stock to young and old that don't have the income to build and care for there chickens. All we ask that that they care and feed and pass along off springs to homes that don't have a chance to having such beautiful chicken. This program has worked out so well that we have decided to help other areas to learn and care for these chickens in other areas. We hope in the future we can bring this program in areas that is really needed. We can not thank enough for many that have made a difference. We hope to share this with others. That can raise chickens for eggs and to help children that with a little effort so much can change. Thank you...Autumn Farm English Orpingtons

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
Seen this thread and was wondering if anyone has silver laced orpingtons chick's or hatching eggs for sale. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Try contacting Carolina Rare Chicks. He has an excellent flock of Silver Laced and is a very reputable, honest breeder. Thoroughly do your research before purchasing from just anyone!

Back
Top Bottom