Silver Lining 😂

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
So, it's absolutely pouring here in CA. Six inches already today (that's record levels, my friends). My run is flooded. I dug a trench to divert the water that is coming down the hill and under the coop.

So I'm out there digging said trench when I notice my chickens pecking at something in the mud.

The rain drowned the rats that had made their home under the coop and duck house, and their little carcasses were floating through the run. I counted 4. I may find more later.

Side note: The duckies are having the time of their lives!

OH BOY!!!! I hope that rain is headed my way! I live on the Central Coast. People think we Californians are super crazy for getting excited for rain, but when you come from the land of eternal drought, one can't help themselves :wee . Keeping my fingers crossed my coop doesn't flood, though (but I expect the run to turn into a pig sty).
I'm in the Sierra Foothills. We needed rain to end fire season, but we got A LOT of rain today. Everything is flooded. We lost power for several hours. We didn't lose trees (yet), but so many did.

Gold Country be like:
Dear Mother Nature,

I know we asked for lots of rain this fall and winter, but we didn't mean for you to give it to us all in one weekend.

I'm in the Sierra Foothills. We needed rain to end fire season, but we got A LOT of rain today. Everything is flooded. We lost power for several hours. We didn't lose trees (yet), but so many did.

Gold Country be like:
Dear Mother Nature,

I know we asked for lots of rain this fall and winter, but we didn't mean for you to give it to us all in one weekend.
Louisiana can offer y’all some moisture🥲

One of my friends once picked up a Rubbermaid shed in her yard to mow under it just to find a nest of baby rats. The chickens were free ranging, and before she could stop them, they rushed the nest. In about 5 seconds, no mas rats.

One of my friends once picked up a Rubbermaid shed in her yard to mow under it just to find a nest of baby rats. The chickens were free ranging, and before she could stop them, they rushed the nest. In about 5 seconds, no mas rats.
When people scoff when I tell them chickens descend from dinosaurs, I tell them they need to witness what happens when a mouse darts out of a hiding spot in the chicken run ...

Back
Top Bottom