Silver Phoenix

Cmrgn1011

Chirping
May 24, 2024
HI we are pebbles and Bambam. We are Silver Phoenix. We came from tractor supply. They said we are female what do you think?
20240524_130729.jpg

About 11 week
Definitely roosters. I was asking more on the comb size than anything. See how their feathers are all pointy and their tails are already curling? That shows their gender as well. Being Silver, their black and white feathers are other indicators. The Silvers are actually sex linked, so the hens are more gray with orange chests. As chicks, the line that stretches to their eye could tell you as well. The pullets' line should go past their eye, be thicker, and sometimes point down. On cockerels, the line only goes to the eye. (Sorry for the info dump.)

Definitely roosters. I was asking more on the comb size than anything. See how their feathers are all pointy and their tails are already curling? That shows their gender as well. Being Silver, their black and white feathers are other indicators. The Silvers are actually sex linked, so the hens are more gray with orange chests. As chicks, the line that stretches to their eye could tell you as well. The pullets' line should go past their eye, be thicker, and sometimes point down. On cockerels, the line only goes to the eye. (Sorry for the info dump.)
No don't be sorry, I love info. Just frustrated that 4 out of the 7 chicks I got are roosters. Now to find someone to take a couple. Lol

One of them has green legs, which is not correct for Phoenix, which should have slate legs and white skin. Just thought I would mention it in case you intend to breed. I guess you could call it hatchery quality but it indicates that the birds had some mixing with other breeds in the past.

One of them has green legs, which is not correct for Phoenix, which should have slate legs and white skin. Just thought I would mention it in case you intend to breed. I guess you could call it hatchery quality but it indicates that the birds had some mixing with other breeds in the past.
Not going to breed these guys. Im not ready to try to hatch eggs yet. But that is good to know.

Back
Top Bottom