Silver seabright rooster help

___keysha___

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2018
I have a 9 month old male silver seabright. I went out to feed my birds this morning and I noticed he was walking really weird, I pick e d him up and his feet were curled in. There is a picture of them at the bottom. They don't seem to be hurting him. What is it? Is there any way to fix it? Will it affect him later in life?

Attachments

• 20181118_143152.jpg
    20181118_143152.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 17
All chickens toes will curl inward when you lift them off the ground, this is perfectly normal. But are you saying they are curled in even when he is standing? It would be a good idea to give his feet a good cleaning.

Start him on some (chick or human) vitamins that include riboflavin (vitamin B 2,) just in case he has a vitamin deficiency. You can also use 1/4 of a vitamin B Complex daily crushed into some food. Hopefully, this is just a symptom of riboflavin deficiency, but it can sometimes be a symptom of Mareks disease. Start the vitamins right away if possible.

I have a 9 month old male silver seabright. I went out to feed my birds this morning and I noticed he was walking really weird, I pick e d him up and his feet were curled in. There is a picture of them at the bottom. They don't seem to be hurting him. What is it? Is there any way to fix it? Will it affect him later in life?
Photos of the bottom of his feet may be helpful as well.
What type of food/treats do you feed?
How long have you had him?
Tell us about any other symptoms that he may have - lethargy, not eating/drinking, etc.

I agree with Eggcessive to get him started on B-Vitamins right away to see if those make a difference.

Start him on some (chick or human) vitamins that include riboflavin (vitamin B 2,) just in case he has a vitamin deficiency. You can also use 1/4 of a vitamin B Complex daily crushed into some food. Hopefully, this is just a symptom of riboflavin deficiency, but it can sometimes be a symptom of Mareks disease. Start the vitamins right away if possible.
Ok thank you

Photos of the bottom of his feet may be helpful as well.
What type of food/treats do you feed?
How long have you had him?
Tell us about any other symptoms that he may have - lethargy, not eating/drinking, etc.

I agree with Eggcessive to get him started on B-Vitamins right away to see if those make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom