Silver spangled hamburg

nelly

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 2, 2009
Rochester Minnesota
I have 8 Silver spangled hamburgs, They are 5 months old and have minty blue green earlobes. I know they should have white.

Does this mean their eggs might be tinted and not white?

I received them from Mc Murrey hatchery (rainbow layer) group of 25. The only breed i received that will lay colored eggs are 3 Easter Eggers. So maybe I am just hoping they will lay tinted eggs, or do their earlobes start out this color and them turn white?

Thank You, Keep warm!

Last edited:
I'm betting on white eggs. Keep us posted though! It sounds like there may be remnants of another breed lurking there so you never know
smile.png

I also received a rainbow assortment from McMurray, and the only colored egg layer was. . . an EE roo. So no colored eggs at all. A ton of brown eggs and a couple of white. Not quite what I expected from the rainbow assortment!

And our SSH ears are a kind of greeny/bluey color.

Nita, I wish I would have received some brown egg layers. My order all lay white except the 3 EEs. Not to mention four roos that were in my order of 25.

Earlobe colour and egg colour have no relationship to each other. If they did, silkies would lay turquoise eggs and all the various blue eggshell laying breeds would lay brown eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom