Simple Post Office Folks

They should at least get points for calling and not leaving them in the sun to bake.

I am amazed at how few folks have any idea about hatching.

For all the greif we give the PO I have had great people try to help me a number of times. I think the biggest thing is that the information needed is not always shared or known. Last week at the big center in Denver I had a guy walk me all the way back to the express area so that I could talk to the guy in charge there and find where my chicks had gone. The person there made a couple of calls and sure enough they had shipped to my local office against instructions. The chicks were fine.

The Express mail manager gave me some detailed instructions about how to label a package to arrive at the DC and have them call me instead of sending it to the rural office. It will save my chicks up to 12 hours of travel and aggravation in the future.

The system seems to suck. I have found almost all of the people very willing to help.

Your daughter is one smart cookie!!!! Way to go!!!
clap.gif

For the most part my PO is really good about live chicks. When I got quail eggs sent in the 1st time I got one of those notes.

She actually wasn't sure, but a 40 degree day didn't seem good to her to leave them out on the porch. She left me her cell phone number to call her back at the PO after hours because didn't want anything to happen to my babies.

Needless to say, I thanked her profusely and gave her 2 dozen fresh eggs. Brown and Easter colored. Whenever she see's me now, she asks me if I have any eggs to sell
thumbsup.gif

I have thought about giving the folks at the office eggs, but have been afraid they might get all skeeved out with eating fresh eggs. Maybe we need more six year olds giving them lessons on eggs and chicks to get them more comfortable.

My post office knows my phone number! I had called to check on any priority mail deliveries coming on my road. I told them the road name, but not my name. I mentioned that I was checking because I was expecting hatching eggs & wanted to pick them up at the PO. They said no, but like 2 minutes after I hung up, they called me back & said they found my eggs.
I also had called them anonymously to ask how much advance notice they preferred for live chick shipments. The next day, the lady called me back, by name, and asked if I would prefer the PO to call me at work when the peeps arrive in June?
ESP or caller ID?
And, yes, children are more aware than PO workers, mostly. After picking up my box of eggs, my son asked,"Mommy, if they know there are eggs in that box, home come they weren't being more careful?
My question exactly.

My mail lady did that to us also. She showed up here at like 7am.. where as she usually comes at 4pm....she said she wanted to bring them right away because they were going to hatch..(the box said hatching eggs..)..LOL.... I praised her up and down! Told her thank you SO much! I thought it was so nice of her to make that effort! Of course i never told her they were going to hatch 21 days from now..not that day.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom