Simple/Safe Anti Perching Device?

Briyon

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Richmond, VT
Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of a simple and safe anti-perching device. I recently finished my coop and have a large waterer (one of those domed plastic ones. I have ample perching in the coop (with poop catching trays) but at least one of the chickens loves to get up on top of the waterer and poop. If I could prevent this I could eliminate having to clean poop out of the water ever day! I have come up with a couple of ideas but wanted to see what the experts on the forum had already come up with.

Thanks,

Brian

Hang something up there, like a bucket or birdfeeder squirrel-guard or a trashcan lid or a coffee can half-filled with set cement or plaster. Hang it right over the center of the waterer, with just a couple inches clearance. You get the right object, it's foolproof
smile.png

Pat

Hey Brain,

Is the water on the floor? Or it hanging already?

If it is in the floor hanging it will often make it hard to balance and often they stop trying to get on top.

Mike

Last edited:
Get a large plastic funnel and silicone it to the top, or if it has a chain run the chain through the funnel

Good luck,

David

Back
Top Bottom