Simple Watering System

McKennaHarvill

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2017
Eastern Washington
For this system we used 3 inch pipe, 1/2 inch pipe, t-joints, caps, female connectors, and screw in nipples. We assemble the small pipe with the t-joint and nipples separately and put it through a hole in the coop to attach to the female connector in the 3 inch pipe. We did glue the bottom cap on for the 3 inch pipe and had to glue a small part of the T because of leaks. The screw on cap is useful to keep our bugs and dirt

We put one in the run

And the indoor part

Easy, cost friendly way to water chickens! And it looks better and is less bulky than a bucket.

Looks drippy. Is it or does it just look that way? I have some watering nipples but they always seem to leak and make a muddy mess of everything. Not to mention going through water a lot faster than necessary. What's your experience been?

Looks drippy.  Is it or does it just look that way?  I have some watering nipples but they always seem to leak and make a muddy mess of everything.  Not to mention going through water a lot faster than necessary.  What's your experience been?

Ours isn't very drippy, we just have really messy drinkers and we have gravel in the run so we don't have a problem with mud. We also took this picture after we we're messing with it for a while so it doesn't get as wet now. With the upstairs waterer we made a tray to catch some of the water from their drinking. the water lasts a pretty long time now that we fixed some of the leaks

I like that design, could also use drinker cups instead of nipples? I've tried both nipples and drinker cups and tend to like the cups cause it creates a more natural drinking position for the chickens. Plus, it seems like they drip less on the ground, keeping it from getting muddy below.

Back
Top Bottom