1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Single and Loving it!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Orrosta, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Orrosta

Orrosta Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2015
    I do wildlife rehab, and though I have a lot of friends of the female persuasion, I am single. And you know? I really like it! I've got a gimp crow named Vollund who's been with me quite a while now. I'm starting up a flock of chickens this spring as a side project and I'm really enjoying life! If Ms.Compatable comes along that'd be great, but you know, I'm not in a hurry! [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    That would be me minus the crow 52 years ago, and then she came along. [​IMG] I, too, am fine alone, but am far better with her around.

1 person likes this.
  3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Being happy with yourself is a good thing.
    Be wary of people who need to be with someone.
    Because they will always 'need'. That's not comfortable.

The right one will bring you a wounded something or other.
    When you make each other laugh, that's a good sign.

Welcome to BYC an chicken stuff.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That sounds like a great place to be!

It's not always easy to be comfortable enough with yourself to be happy and single, but it can be a really good place to be. It definitely allows you to explore the world and different interests without anything holding you back! I don't have a gimp crow (though I'm pretty jealous!) but I do have a dog and she keeps me pretty sane most of the time. Anytime I feel lonely I give her a big hug or take her out for a hike! Animal therapy is the best kind there is!

What other animals have you rehabilitated? Do you work mostly with birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by