Single combed silkie roo

FatChicksDigMe

Crowing
6 Years
May 9, 2015
Merced County, CA
Hi guys, I hope you and your flocks are thriving. I wanted to share that my black silkie roo has a (floppy) single comb. I got him from the feed store so he and my other silkie (a hen!) are most likely not breeder/show quality, but they still are so cute and have all the general silkie qualities: 5 toes, black skin, etc. Initially I wanted the buff and white silkies but got 4 black instead. Two passed away unfortunately (I tried so hard to save them, but I think they had a genetic weakness or something), and two survived: a HEN and this roo. My hen is a good layer and too cute, so I want more!

If I breed these two in the spring, what combs will their babies have?

If they have single combs, they are definitely pet quality. But all Silkies are wonderful, imo. I love 'em. If they breed, you will most likely get mostly single combs.

If they have single combs, they are definitely pet quality. But all Silkies are wonderful, imo. I love 'em. If they breed, you will most likely get mostly single combs.

Thanks for the input. They both have mulberry colored combs, but only my hen has that silkie walnut thingy, while the roo has a mulberry single comb.

Back
Top Bottom