Single Game Hen In Quarintine !

GrayChickens

Songster
Nov 22, 2019
Around a month ago I found a wild game hen in my backyard. I have no idea where she came from or why she stayed. But she has stuck around and today I caught her and put her in a 2 an one half foot long by 1 and a half foot wide cage. I am quarinting her. Is that cage to small to keep her in for a few months? Can you quarintine just one bird?

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Do you have other chickens or poultry? I think that is a bit small to keep her in for such a long time. A medium or large dog crate with food and water might be a better space for her to stay in. Perhaps someone you know could spare one that is not in use. Do you have a coop, empty garage, or shed that she might use? Where are you located—is it warm or cold now? Whatever you use should be made predator proof and warm enough.

GrayChickens

Songster
Nov 22, 2019
Yes I have 10 other birds... several different breeds. The weather is rainy. It will be raining here for a whole month. So I'm keeping her under the porch. The cage is about 5 feet away from my small coop of chicks. I think I can find another cage to keep her in . But I have to wait a week. Would she be fine in their for a week?:)

Top Bottom