Single light Brahma chick

Karilcole

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
Hi all! I was picking up feed at TSC when I saw they had 1 single Brahma chick left w horrible pasty butt. I told the worker but nothing was done so I grabbed her up. I’m guessing she’s maybe a week old. She’s way to small to go out w my almost 5 month old Brahmas so she’s in the house in a brooder w heat. She’s doing fantastic! Will she be ok by herself? She’s out very often & stick to me like glue! We will definitely be keeping her but didn’t want any more, I just couldn’t leave her there w the lack of care of her pasty butt. Pic attached of when I got her & 1 of her snuggling 🥰
Any tips to help her not be lonely while in the brooder? Also, what age could she go out w the big girls? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 14
So I’ve looked around here for another Brahma this 1s age. Very limited here & couldn't find any. Hatchery’s have a minimum so I’m not doing that. She was nonstop chirping when she was alone in her brooder (I do have her out quite a bit) but knew she was lonely. W/ no chick to be found for her, I stuck my iPad in there and put on 3 hrs of chicks 😆 and a mirror across the brooder from it. She watches them & chirps at them (seriously watches). She’s a lot quieter & seems to enjoy the iPad chicks company. Do you think this could work for now? I tried to add the video but it won’t let me so here’s a pic. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 12
First off that is a wonderfull thing to do as she needed someones help!
Secondly i would get her a friend it doesnt have to be a brahma. The ipad may work for a little but i would still find her a friend.

My Brahma has a white leghorn for a friend. The Brahma is a little bigger, but she is older. When they are grown the leghorn will be tall, possibly as tall as the Brahma. I have seen no signs of the Brahma being aggressive to smaller birds. I don't think it matters what breed you get for friends, as long as they are not aggressive (Rhode Island Red) Get a couple of friend chicks.

So I’ve looked around here for another Brahma this 1s age. Very limited here & couldn't find any. Hatchery’s have a minimum so I’m not doing that. She was nonstop chirping when she was alone in her brooder (I do have her out quite a bit) but knew she was lonely. W/ no chick to be found for her, I stuck my iPad in there and put on 3 hrs of chicks 😆 and a mirror across the brooder from it. She watches them & chirps at them (seriously watches). She’s a lot quieter & seems to enjoy the iPad chicks company. Do you think this could work for now? I tried to add the video but it won’t let me so here’s a pic. 🤣
That is so cute!

Back
Top Bottom