Sinus infection?

Can you walk him into the coop? that is how I pick mine up if I have to do something to one.
He won’t come off the pond. The pond is fenced in. I used to feed them in the coop to get them to come in but it created a rat problem so I’ve had to feed away from the coop at a different time which allowed me to grab him for his medicine but now he knows he wont come off the pond if I’m close. I need to know if I should catch him with a net or something and keep him off the pond until better or if his sinuses and quack will improve on its own?

Do you still have meds to give him? If you do you need to get him off the pond and keep him off until he is done with the meds. This most likely won’t clear up on its own. @casportpony knows more about infections.

An update…. Vet agreed he has a sinus infection, prescribed antibiotics and anti inflammatory to be given twice a day for three weeks!! First week went well but he has now figured out all my little traps to lure him in and refuses to come off the pond. He started to look a bit better but is again looking swollen. He has completely lost his quack. Will contact the vet again but I have no idea how to help him without him coming close to me.
I found your post, my duck now has a sinus infection as well. What antibiotic did your vet prescribe and in what dosage?
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom