Sinus Surgery Video

Some people manage to milk it out, but I suspect it might be too late for that. @KsKingBee and @OkieQueenBee might have some suggestions for you.

-Kathy

Yes, as long as the infection hasn't hardened in the sinus it can be 'milked out'. There is a canal between the sinus and the eye socket that pus will eject from the sinus and into the eye cavity. If you put your index finger on the roof of the mouth just inside of where the sinus cavity is and your thumb on the outer sinus, just forward of the sinus, you can squeeze the infection out through the eye.

Candy will use Q-tips to push the infection and clean the eye socket and rinse the eye with Vetricyn Eye Wash. Go slow as the infection can be either loose and watery or very thick.

When the "fruit" is ripe !

Extraction !

Dry the wound + three drops of Tylan ..... released !

First visits :

10 minutes .... pictures included!

Yes, her eye still good !
In the background, there is a peahen who suffered the same thing a month earlier.
You will say it needs a facelift!

Super informative! I can't believe how much came out of what looked like a relatively small bump. When he made the incision, I thought it was overkill until I saw what came out. I learned a lot thank you Kathy!

Back
Top Bottom