Sisters? Brothers? Help...Langshans

When is a good age to tell?
erm...not like full grown...
Maybe 3 mos?

well idk about that but we had our Langshan for 6 months and thought it was a pullet but turned out to be a roo they are slow bloomers in my opinion... didn't realize my "hen" was a roo til he crowed id keep both of them no matter what and order some hens in spring or whenever you want.​

35639_apr09pt5_026.jpg
This is what my Langshan hen looked like at about 4 weeks. Her comb is slightly smaller than yours, but not so much that I'd cull.

Their combs were like that too tiil about 2 weeks or so ago. They are about 7 weeks now.
And, yes,
wink.png
I already have girls for them and another roo...
Thanks everyone for all your help/info. I truely appreciate it!

LOL...yes, my 'blue' is weird. I probably should have named him Spaz, instead of Magic....
tongue.png

but I already have a cat by that name....

She's one of the last ones to lay eggs, 30 weeks old and nothing. But she is utterly gorgeous. Her face is so pretty. Big black eyes, bright red comb. I call her my 'Spanish Lady'. I was just looking at her yesterday and thinking how much nicer her head looks than the others. Less chicken-y?

I was just looking at her yesterday and thinking how much nicer her head looks than the others. Less chicken-y?

I agree (I even understand what you mean)
There is just some kind of delicate presence in that breed. Which is why I always get compliments and curious 'good' questions about them.
Plus their friendly curious personality shines thru too.

Too bad most folks are in such a hurry to get their birds to lay. Langshans take a lil bit longer than most to start producing. Which means most ppl miss out on getting to know one of the best (and oldest) breeds avail.
Kinda sad.... not that I don't enjoy my other birds too....they just don't have that lil bit of extra.... everything.​

Back
Top Bottom