Site update issues

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by vehve, Aug 13, 2014.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm guessing you're already aware of these problems, but since there isn't any notification about the update that I can find, I thought I'd report some issues I've noticed after the update.

-E-mail notifications aren't coming through anymore
    -The subscription list isn't being sorted when new updates appear.
    -The support contact form isn't working, nothing happens when you click "send".

Some sort of notification on the front page might be a good idea.

*Edit*
    Compiling new issues that emerge here:
    -No access to site

*/Edit*

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Hallelujah, I thought I was going insane! Thanks for posting this thread! Yes, there was no email notify about the "website update"...the only way I knew about it was when I tried to visit the site I got a page stating it.

Like you, my inbox was EMPTY this morning....huh? So I went into "My Profile" and when you scroll all the way down there's a section for notifications...you need to click on 'email me every time there is an update' (or something to that effect). Seems with this update everyone's was set to a default of "only once" .....yikes! [​IMG]
    =============================
    Update: Here's what that section looks like:

Default Subscription Frequency
    Immediate
    Daily Digest
    Weekly Digest
    Site Only
    (No Email)
    Don't SubscribeAutomatic(?)
    Use this frequency without asking me when I create a new subscription
    Show a dialog for me to pick from every time

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

1 person likes this.
  4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I've also stopped getting email notifiers, along with some other minor problems. Please post here if you're having problems with as much detail as possible. I've given @Nifty-Chicken a head's up, so he can let the techie staff know.

1 person likes this.
  5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

The front page activity feed seems to be broken too.

6. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    It took me a few tries to log in without getting a system error page. Clicking the new posts button also takes several clicks. I'm on my mobile if that makes a difference.

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

And then there's the overall sluggishness, but that might be caused by a lot of calls timing out.

1 person likes this.
  8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I haven't been on BYC enough to notice the other problems, but I've definitely noticed this. BYC isn't loading quickly for me, and sometimes I just end up giving up and leaving because the page hasn't started appearing after five seconds.

9. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    X2 . Plus slow to load pages .

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Same with me. Awhile back, the site was completely down for me, giving me some error message I can't recall, sorry. No live feed, no subscriptions at all coming by email.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by