Sitting on eggs

ATrumble

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
This is my first post so hello everyone

Okay so i have 3 ducks, 2 drakes and 1 hen they all get along great. they are free range during the day and cooped at night. the hen has starting a nest(in coop), i think she is just starting to sit on it, the nest has 14 eggs
jumpy.gif
anyways i am planning on letting the ducklings live in the group and have 2 questions. first are drakes usually ok with the ducklings? i don't want them to hurt the babies. second what do i feed them if they all together, right now the adults eat a pelleted feed, and i usually raise babies in the house and feed them a crumble, is it ok if the 3 adults get put on baby feed till the babies are ready for adult feed?

thank you for your time hope you have a great day :)

This is my first post so hello everyone

Okay so i have 3 ducks, 2 drakes and 1 hen they all get along great. they are free range during the day and cooped at night. the hen has starting a nest(in coop), i think she is just starting to sit on it, the nest has 14 eggs
jumpy.gif
anyways i am planning on letting the ducklings live in the group and have 2 questions. first are drakes usually ok with the ducklings? i don't want them to hurt the babies. second what do i feed them if they all together, right now the adults eat a pelleted feed, and i usually raise babies in the house and feed them a crumble, is it ok if the 3 adults get put on baby feed till the babies are ready for adult feed?

thank you for your time hope you have a great day :)
welcome-byc.gif
I would be worried about the drakes being around newly hatched ducklings, can you fence off where mama is sitting so she has a little room of her own that way the ducklings can get their legs under them and gain some strength, drakes have been known to kill ducklings so when you do let them all be together you need to supervise. and hopefully you'll get some more ducks to go with your drakes. Good luck and let us know. and I feed my adults and hatchings an all flock Purina Flock Raiser is the one buy that way they can all have it and you don't have to buy any other feed, but the adults can eat can eat starter too, I have done that in the past.

Back
Top Bottom