Sitting waiting for the postman to bring my eggs!!!! UPDATE...!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dwegg, Dec 2, 2010.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Well my eggs were shipped on Tuesday and they should be here today!!! So I am sitting waiting for the postman who has not come yet????? 5:20pm...and waiting...it's killing me.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    haha good luck!! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Are you the one that ordered the eggs before the bator got there? [​IMG]

4. dwegg

no..my bator has been up and running since Sunday!!!!!! [​IMG] and running perfect temp. and humidity too!

AARRGGHH! The postman came...BUT as I ran out to get them I noticed it wasn't my usual postie who I had discussed the arrival of the eggs ect and she was also excited for me and was going to look out for them...AND as I ran to the van THA Tother postie said, "Oh...EGGS?" and as she dug through the boxes on her back seat...there they were..on the bottom of the pile UPSIDE DOWN! [​IMG]

As I write this I am SO bummed I could cry!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 Lemon Blue Cochin LF...and 7 BLRW

I unpacked them and they are all ok but I can just imagine the ride they have had...they are probably scrammbled...but that is to be expected from the good ol' US PO!

5. dwegg

Question...2 of the eggs have poop on them...should I put them in? wash them?

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Wipe with a paper towel and put them in.

7. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    My 1st batch rode around all day set on its side even though the package clearly said "this end up". Now I call the day before to hold for pick up at the PO. They call me at about 8:30 am and I go get them. No more rides around the 'hood in the mail truck.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by