Six Blue Isbar Eggs BUY-IT-NOW (does not include shipping)

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
Ready to ship on Wednesday!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Picture of test hatchlings from my stock!
lol.png

wee.gif
Reminders: I only have two hens laying so I might not be able to include extras. Eggs will be packaged and shipped as soon as payment is made. USPS Priority Mail will be $15.00. - I will not replace or refund eggs that do not hatch or develop. I will package them well but I cannot control what happens after they leave my hands. As with all blue chickens, you could get blue, black or splash colored birds. Please re-read my terms and if you do not agree to these terms, PLEASE DO NOT BID!

I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone if I feel the situation warrants it.
tongue2.gif

Description:

Offered for sale are six hatching eggs from my flock of GORGEOUS Blue Isbars, which consists of two cockerels and 11 pullets obtained from Greenfire Farms. Of the pullets, only two are at point of lay. That is why the auction is for six eggs only. This is my main man, Bjorn. The picture does not do him justice. His feathering is stunning and his comb is erect and straight as an arrow.

This is my hen Frida who is busy laying your hatching eggs. She is a lovely blue pullet.

About the Isbar from Wikipedia:
The Isbar was developed in Sweden in the 1950s by Martin Silverudd. They lay around 250 large green eggs a year. Blue is the preferred color, but as with most Blue fowl, they also exist in White, Splash and Black. The hens weigh around 2-2.5 kg.
They are a fairly docile, easy-going bird and generally pretty good on range.

About the Isbar from Greenfire Farms:

Every nation seems to harbor its share of backyard biologists and mad monks who are irresistibly drawn to tinker with the chicken genome in the quest for a more perfect bird. Sweden is no exception, and its monk –literally in this case—was Martin Silverudd, a Catholic monk who in the tradition of Gregor Mendel before him plumbed the depths of genetics and created a number of chicken breeds in the 1950s and 1960s. Silverudd had in mind the goal of creating auto-sexing breeds that laid a high volume of unusually colored eggs.
To a remarkable degree Silverudd was successful in his quest and along the way created breeding protocols that would later be studied and adopted by sophisticated university geneticists and animal scientists. But, perhaps his greatest achievement was the creation of the isbar (pronounced ‘ice bar’), a breed as practical as it is beautiful and the only green-egg-laying single combed chicken breed in the world.
There are a few varieties of isbar, and Greenfire Farms was lucky enough to locate one of the last remaining flocks of blue isbars, the most spectacular variety of the breed. Probably fewer than a hundred blue isbars exist in the world; a tragedy given the beauty and usefulness of this variety. Roosters have shimmering metallic hackles that overlay deep blue body feathers. The hens are also striking with their blue feathers, and splash color patterns are common within the variety. Because of the genetics of the blue coloring, the auto-sexing feather patterns in chicks are not as pronounced (and may be altogether absent) when compared to other auto-sexing breeds like the cream legbar. The chicks produced by blue isbars can be blue, black, white, or splash. These cold-hardy birds are thrifty foragers that will produce 150-200 moss green eggs a year. Whether speckled or pure green, the isbar eggs are as fantastic and exotic as the birds themselves.
About the Isbar from me:
I have found the Isbar to be a beautiful, calm breed of chicken. My oldest cockerel is strikingly beautiful and possesses all the good qualities you want in a rooster. He is on alert and sounds the alarm when needed, protects the baby chicks, and rounds up the flock at night before the door closes. The hens are quiet and go about their business in peace. I have noticed that the age groups stay together with little interaction in the yard. The cockerels seem to respect each others territory. I received my older trio as juveniles and the younger group of nine as day-olds.

I have not been able to tell the difference between males and females so I think that auto-sexing does not apply. That is just my opinion.
I think the egg color is very pretty but it is not accurate in some of the pictures that are being posted online. It is not a bright mossy green, rather it is sort of a khaki green. I just wanted to set the record straight on that, as it was not the egg color I was expecting. That being said, the eggs are lovely and I am so pleased with my flock. Please see pictures to get an idea of egg color. These are the egg colors from my two hens taken outside in daylight with no flash or color editing.

Terms of this sale:

Eggs have been tested for fertility. Please understand that I will package the eggs to the best of my ability to prevent breakage, but I cannot be responsible for damage done in transit. These eggs will be wrapped individually, then boxed. The package will be double boxed with styrofoam packing peanuts between the boxes. They will be shipped USPS Priority Mail unless the buyer contacts me and opts to pay additional for Express shipping. When the eggs have shipped you will receive a tracking number. The fact that an egg does not hatch does not mean that it was infertile. Rough handling, x-rays, etc can cause damage that prevents the egg from developing. For this reason, the buyer must understand that I will not replace or refund eggs that do not hatch or develop. Buying hatching eggs is a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I will do everything possible to assure you a win but will not be responsible should Lady Luck not cooperate. In addition, I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone if I feel the situation warrants it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom