Six toed cat.

BirdsBeesTrees

Integrity.
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa
This is Mittens our kitty, he showed up at our house one day as a kitten with a bad eye and we don't know where he came from. He has 6 toes on 3 of his paws. Does anyone else have a *special* animal that was born or hatched a little extra than normal..
IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

Your Mittens was born with a little more than "normal"; my Magoo was born with a little less. A stray cat had kittens in my yard 10 years ago. Two of her kittens died almost immediately. The third one had a tough time opening its eyes. When I took him to the vet, it turned out the kitty didn't have eyes. The vet said the eyeballs were "like two little raisins" and never fully developed.

Although he doesn't have eyes, Goo -- as he is known -- does close his eyelids when he sleeps. He gets around so well that people don't immediately realize that he's different than any other cat.

Who needs "normal"?

polydactyl! It's fairly common in cats I think, super cool when I see it! I've always wondered how it could affect a cat, although seeing them fairly often as happy pets I assume it doesn't affect much at all if anything ;D
He grabs things with his paw and thumb, it's the neatest thing to see. :)

Back
Top Bottom