1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Size of eggs Khaki vs. Buff

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayyjayy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Not that matters, but I am just curious.....can you tell who lays what egg by the size? I get the little egg just about every single day.....since I got these two in the summer, I have maybe gone 3 days without an egg. So, I am guessing the little one is from the Khaki (because they are such great layers), and the big one is from the Buff, but I don't really know. Like I said, it doesn't matter in the least, but I am just curious if different breeds lay different sized eggs.

[​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I bet the khaki laid the smaller one, thats about the size of egg my khaki hens laid!

3. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    My Khaki eggs are smaller. Holderread says Buff eggs are larger than Khaki's. My Khaki's eggs are shorter and kind of squatty too.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Washington
    I find that my large breeds also lay large eggs. Also, older hens lay slightly larger eggs too. I'm on the side that says the smaller egg is from the Khaki. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by