Sizzles are grow so Fast, Pics

No, Frizzles and Sizzles arent the same thing. A Sizzle is a Frizzle. Frizzle is just a term used to describe birds with feathers that turn towards their head. Sizzle is just a nick-name people use to describe a Frizzle Cochin and a Silkie Cross. What Jaynie has shared. You will get Frizzle and Smooth Sizzles and that is how you breed them. Just as any other Frizzle breed.

~Casey

Exactly right. You might find a Frizzled Rock, Jap or Polish or any other breed of bird that someone has introduced the Frizzle gene to. Frizzling is just a genetic quirk. Sabastapol Geese also have the Frizzle gene. Sizzles are as Casey stated. Like the Showgirls, they will eventually be considered a breed of their own. The thing with any new breed, there needs to be many generations and they need to breed true.

I am just glad to see Casey posting again, he has a wealth of knowledge, thanks again Casey. Let me know when you are ready for eggs or birds. I have been able to sell a few recently.

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
wonderful looking babies jimnjay

Janyine, its great to be back! Do you plan to attend the All Cochins Show in April? Its in Newport Tn. If not, then if its possible I would love to travel down and pick them up and meet you and just chit chat for a few hours? Was thinking maybe,....sometime in May I woukld like to acquire something again. Just let me know in a PM or email what you want to do.

~Casey

Oh, that pre-adolescent stage! Are they whispering secrets and passing notes yet? Signing their names with swirly hearts?
big_smile.png

They are adorable!

Jaynie I just hatched 5 pretty babies!! Looks like two buffs, a partridge, and a splash. They are so pretty and one has a HUGE vaulted skull! Can't wait to see them feathering out!

Those are the cutest things ever!! I have/had an extremely nice Partridge silkie roo who has been breeding my frizzled polish, so I am hoping to get a few babies out of them, and will be curious to see what they look like lol!!

TOO CUTE!

Geez I didn't know that the mix of those two was something people were breeding for! I have some possible sizzle mixes in my bator right now. There were two frizzle roos in with a mix of hens, some of which were silkies. Now I'm excited! How do you tell if they have silkie (you know because you bred for that, but I have to look for signs)-dark skin and toes? Yours are absolutley beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom