Skunks...

LOL I dont know, skunks smell pretty dang bad...
wink.png

I've been around 'em my whole life to, along with bein a trapper (you should smell my secret recipe coyote lure) and other stuff, but for some reason, skunk bugs me about worse than anything... Dont know why, just does LOL!

Well, I think this has been posted but here's the "remedy" I have:

1 qt 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (just plain ole HO)
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Liquid Hand Soap

Mix together in a pitcher. Wash thoroughly!! Get your fingernails down to the skin. (The solution will breakdown the oil in the skunk spray.) Rinse under a waterhose.

I keep a bottle of Vicks VaporRub on my nightstand to cover the stink when a skunk lets loose around here (which happens all too often
tongue.gif
)

LOL, thanks for sharing the wit and wisdom of Skunk Huntin' 101.

"Skunk-Off" shampoo... works wonderfully but only if you haven't washed with anything else first! Handy to have around for the next visit.

Quote:
They have such a thing?! Neat! Where do ya get that stuff?

I tried the peroxide method, took the smell off pretty good, I'm impressed! My chickens hate me now though LOL!

I think that I bought the Skunk-Off from a past vet, but I have seen it at one of our local pet supply stores as well. It completely removed the odor from one of my dog buddies after she caught and killed a skunk then carried it around all day.

Unfortunately, I have lots of experience with skunks, 7-8 times a year. I have Jack Russell terriers that a skunk killing machines. After much trial and error I found that 1 pint of peroxide, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 1/4 Dawn dishsoap. For really bad incidents I have had to wash them twice.

Back
Top Bottom