SL Wyandotte

SugarHouse Mama

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Utah
Can anyone tell me what my Silver Laced Wyandotte is? (About 4.5 weeks). And, BTW, this bird is about half the size as my others the same age
hmm.png
Is that normal for a SL Wyandotte? I was SUPER worried when everyone else grew so much faster, but this 'un has spunk. I've been watching closely, but no one's picking on .....her?????

55249_sl_wyandotte_4_weeks.jpg

55249_sl_wyandotte_4_weeks_2.jpg

55249_sl_wyandotte_4_weeks_3.jpg

Thanks!

its for sure not a wyandotte. what type of comb does it have? i was thinking hamburg? based on the fact that you said its smaller than the others.

Hmmm. I think I'll try going back to the feed store. Maybe they realized all these birds were incorrectly labeled and they can tell me what it REALLY is.

I've been disappointed in this one because it was so small and the feathering wasn't pretty like I was expecting. I must admit, I wasn't going to be all that sad if this one was a boy and I HAD to give it away (roos are illegal in the city).

I have one that looks just like yours and was told it was a SLW!!! CRAP!! Same weird coloring in the feathers, not pretty like a SLW is!! She is very small too, they said she was a 5 week old three weeks ago she doesn't look any bigger now, hmmmm!!!! I am going back to the feed store today to do some investigating!!!!

Which feed store did you buy them at???? I wonder if shipment from a hatchery were messed up or something. I'll go today too. I'll also find out which Hatchery there were ordered from.

Back
Top Bottom