Slander and Libel....update and ending on post 77.

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
This is so unreal!

Today, I get a FaceBook message from one of my clients at a job I held 6 years and 850 miles ago. She messaged me to tell me that someone is totally slandering me. So, of course I am curious and I message her back. She tells me that she recently ran into someone who completely vilified me telling her things such as

1) When we moved out of state 6 years ago it was because I was about to be charged with embezzling from my employer
2) We left in the middle of the night and left the house trashed
3) She had to clean it because it was friends of hers that were buying it and she would be so embarrassed for them to see it
4) I left old client files in the house when we moved and she destroyed them so no one would be placed in danger. (I was a crime victim advocate)
4) My horse barn is cleaner than my house and you need a shovel just to get through it
5) I dont work because I am lazy
6) My daughter (age 8) has called her crying because there is no food in the house
7) Because I cheated on my DH, he has started drinking again
8) There is a question of DD's paternity
9) I am a 'wino'.
10) I send my older children to our old hometown every Christmas so I dont have to 'deal' with them

There is more, but I just cant remember it all.

So, anyways back to the message. I get this old client to give me her number back in NY. I call her and she tells me that she met this person last week when her daughter was applying through a program to get help with her GED. This worker makes an intake appt and shows up at her home and somehow they do the whole 'small world' thing and this person goes on and on telling my old client all of these things...

Any guesses on who the person turned out to be?

My 'bleep'ing Mother In Law!!!

Last edited:
All I can say is.... WoW
smack.gif

Sounds like you might need to take some steps to expose her.......if she is telling this person, who else is she telling, and what kind of danger does that place your children in....as in cps danger
sad.png

Haha

My MIL quit talking smack about me (to my knowledge) because she got tired of hiding from me when I showed up on her doorstep to call her on it.
lol.png

Do people really think their juicy gossip is not too good to pass on?

Quote:
I just printed out the definition of Slander and Libel and the NY laws pertaining to them. I will be putting them in the mail to her tomorrow. No note, no letter, nothing for her to sink her teeth into.
Maybe for fun I wont even mail them from here.

ooooH! Maybe I could send them to a BYCer in EVERY state and you all could just pop them in the mail from your zipcode.

Wouldnt that just blow her mind?

Bahh hhha haaa.

Seriously... any takers?
smile.png

Just print out your post above, add the definition and in big bold red sharpie, write a note asking her if she would care to explain this to
A)you or B) to your lawyer.

That's what I would do, but I am just like that.
lol.png

hugs.gif
If I were you I think I would... nope that's illegal.. Ok, I would, wait that's illegal too..
barnie.gif
Maybe start telling people she knows that you are going to sue her since what she is doing is, yep you guessed it, illegal.

Sounds like you couldn't live far enough away from that one! Sounds like one bitter old woman - just like my mother-in-law. I bet most people who know her completely ignore her!

Back
Top Bottom