Sleeping in the hen house?...

It took almost 2 weeks for mine to get the hang of going into the coop at dusk. We would get home from work at 11:00 PM and find them huddled in the run and we would have to pick them up and put them into the coop but one night we got home and they were all in there. Good Luck with yours.

My babies are sleeping in the house in a large dog carrier, but have a pen I turn them into in the morning.

The first night they huddled between the dog carrier and the fence and had to be put inside.

The second night, they all went in on their own. I thought I had such smart chickies!

The third night, piled upon one another in the TINY gap between the carrier and the wire again.

And the fourth night (tonight) they all went in.

I can't lock them in for 2 weeks (it's only just big enough for them to sleep in), but I think they are slowly getting the idea.

On the other hand, I have a rogue banty hen who STILL manages to hide outside the coop some nights and if I don't realize it, she spends the night somewhere in the bushes. Thankfully I guess the predators aren't too bold here, cuz she's still alive!

trish

Back
Top Bottom