Sleeping in the nests?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no :) I have some plant pots in there so we'll see now. How long do you think I should leave them blocked at night before it sticks? I'm assuming a few nights or a week...

Yeah, few nights to a week sounds right. You can keep the nests blocked until close to laying age as well. Then open the boxes with fake eggs or golf balls inside.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no :) I have some plant pots in there so we'll see now. How long do you think I should leave them blocked at night before it sticks? I'm assuming a few nights or a week...
I'd go a week, then see if they've 'learned'.
If they haven't, go another week.

Well, they roosted on the pots last night lol. So I'll have to find something else to block them I guess...

They're sitting on the edge of the nesting boxes there and the roost bar is on the opposite wall. It's hard to tell from this angle, but it is about 11 inches from the back of the bar to the wall and it is a few inches wide. I've put them on it before and the sit, they just don't roost. I filled the boxes last night with planters and some strategically placed boards, and they roosted on top of the planters :)

Back
Top Bottom