Sleepy 5 wek old chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenni2142, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have a 5 week old bantam chick(Millie) that I just got on Monday that seems to sleep a lot. She( I hope) also peeps constantly when she sleeps during the day and sometimes will eat and drink without seeming to fully wake up. She is eating and drinking enough I think. Poo looks normal. When she is awake she seems to have plenty of strength, has no trouble flying after me. Her legs do seem to be paler, not the orange anymore that they are in the pic. She is on chick starter with treats of yogurt, cornbread( just a little), and greens from outside. It's been a few months since my others were this young but I don't think they slept this much, but they also had each other for company. She was supposed to be from clean legged bantam mille and d'uccles. she was one of 6 hatched in a bator and the other 5 were lost to a puppy problem. She is very sweet and very bonded to me. I want to do all I can to keep her healthy. Any ideas or suggestions? Is there more I should do for her? [​IMG]

2. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    Jenni2142 -- There are lots of people on the forum with tons of experience raising chicks. I'm wondering if you should repost under Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures. I think you might get help quicker there.

Hoping things go well for you and your sweet chick.

Michele.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by