Slight blue comb on rooster

Mm1

Hatching
Nov 12, 2023
Hi I have bought a pair of buff orpingtons and since I have my rooster it cannot crow properly and the end of its comb turns blue at times just wanted to know possible issue and simple cure for it.

How long ago did the new birds come into the flock? Did you quarantine them for several weeks before introducing them? There is always a risk of introducing a disease to your flock when adding new birds from other people. Usually diseases may show up within the first week or two.

Does he have any other symptoms, such as a swollen eyelid, bubbles or foam in one eye, gasping, sneezing, lethargy, or other symptoms besides the crowing issue and comb? Combs can change colors and become blue on tips or toward the rear from excitement, temperature changes, and other reasons. Does his comb get pinker at times? If the whole comb turned blue, that could be from low oxygen levels. Pictures might be helpful.

How long ago did the new birds come into the flock? Did you quarantine them for several weeks before introducing them? There is always a risk of introducing a disease to your flock when adding new birds from other people. Usually diseases may show up within the first week or two.

Does he have any other symptoms, such as a swollen eyelid, bubbles or foam in one eye, gasping, sneezing, lethargy, or other symptoms besides the crowing issue and comb? Combs can change colors and become blue on tips or toward the rear from excitement, temperature changes, and other reasons. Does his comb get pinker at times? If the whole comb turned blue, that could be from low oxygen levels. Pictures might be helpful.
No i did not quarantine it ,other than the crowing its seems fine the rest of the flock is fine I got it around mid ja
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom