Slight change of plans, lol!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by georgialee, Apr 15, 2009.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Welllll.... I have 7 chicks on order from mypetchicken (see my siggy) but they're not coming until June and it was KILLING me to have to wait that long! So I made a trip to TSC and their banty brooder was FULL of chicks... all different colors, some fluffy and some 'normal'. Anyway, I ended up getting eleven (!!) figuring that probably around half would end up being cockerels. I'll have one super long post tonight or tomorrow in the 'what am i?' section, lol! I think I may wait to cancel my original order until I see how many of the ones I have now end up being roos... plus, I wasn't planning on getting banties in the first place so I may want more/larger eggs than they'll lay. (oh, and I had my heart set on some EE's for blue and green eggs)... we shall see!

I just had to tell SOMEBODY since DH doesn't want to hear it! [​IMG]

2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Congratulations on the new fuzz butts! This is what happen's when you go to TSC! [​IMG] My DH has banned me from that place untill chick days are over! [​IMG] Although he didn't even notice the two I slipped in the brooder a few days ago! Anyway, have fun with them and we'll look forward to your pics.

3. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    dont cancel your order..........expand your coop! [​IMG]

there is a restocking fee so if you expanded you would be spening the same amount of money in the long run! [​IMG]

I AM AN ENABLER!!!! [​IMG]

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Don't cancel your order. You might have to "dispatch" some cockerals - use Craigslist!

5. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Don't cancel your order. By that time your bantams will of grown and you will want more babies again. lol

6. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    Quote:Yeah, this is wise advice... Your brooder will be collecting dust by the time your new chicks arrive.

Can't have that...

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Y'all are a bunch of enablers!!! I told DH that I'm not going to cancel the order until I know how many roos I have... Great minds think alike [​IMG] I may just 'forget' to cancel it until 2 weeks before, if you catch my drift, lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by